May 28, 2011

Day 20: A Regret

I have a hard time thinking of a regret that I have because I think of a regret as something I would do differently if I had the chance. And yes, there are several things that I would do differently in my past or that I wish I did or didn't do, but every experience has worked together to create the person I am right now.

But I do have one regret. As strange as it sounds, I wish I would have studied harder when I was in college. I did enough to get me through, but I don't really feel like I put enough effort into it. I think I was a little tired of the whole studying thing since I went straight to college from high school. I've noticed that since I've been out for 10 years, taking classes is much more exciting and enjoyable. I put so much more effort into the classes that I take now. Before I just wanted to pass; now I want to excel. I'm one of those overachieving students that all the average students hate and I love every minute of it.  I've proven to myself that I am capable of it and sometimes I even like to challenge myself to retake classes I barely passed before just to prove to myself that I can. I really wish I had been that person before. Just think how amazingly brilliant and intimidatingly smart I would be today. . .

1 comment:

Steph said...

Scary. You are already amazingly brilliant and intimidatingly smart to me!