May 19, 2011

Day 11: Somewhere I'd Like To Move To Or Visit

There was a time, a long time ago, that I wanted to move to Boston and live. I loved the idea of being in the big, sophisticated city; the busyness of my surroundings, taking the subway to the places I needed to go, the expensive yet tiny apartments. It sounded like a great living place.

Of course I knew it wouldn't be a great place for me to raise my family. I'm not a parent, but I'm already aware of things that are taught in the school districts that I do not agree with. But it would have been a fun single life.

Now that I've moved back home, I can't imagine living so far away from my family again. It didn't seem like such a big thing when I was already far away, but after returning home, it's hard to consider leaving again.

 But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to travel some. In fact, my dream has always been to go to England. I've been in love with England for as long as I can remember. It seems that all my favorite stories, characters, and ideas came from that royal land across the sea. I want to see the red telephone booths, Big Ben, the Royal Guards, London Bridge, and the wall that Robin Hood (played by the ever attractive Kevin Costner) walked on. I want to walk the streets, eat the food, and read the literature of our motherland. It's one of my strongest and longest standing desires and I'm hoping that one day, getting there will be more than just a dream for me.

No comments: