May 27, 2011

Day 19: My Favorite Quote

I am having a lot of trouble picking a favorite. I actually have a small book that I keep near-by that I write down quotes I hear or read that actually say something to me. The quotes come from movies, books, songs, TV shows, inspirational speeches, signs by the road. . . there's no telling where I might find something that I'm going to want to remember. I flipped through it again tonight and was amazed at how hard it is to pick just one favorite. But there is one that is special, one that I read in a story many, many years ago, that I have never forgotten, that has always stuck in my mind, and so I think that is the one I will share tonight. The exact book and author have long been forgotten, unfortunately, but the quote holds firmly in my memory. I do remember the quote was spoken when discussing relationships, but I have a feeling it applies to other things too.

"God always replaces good with better, better with best, and best with his perfect will."

I have to say that in my experience, I've found this to be true.

No comments: