Jan 5, 2010

2009 in a Nutshell

Steph and I were discussing our year and she was talking about doing a recap of the year on her blog. I thought it was a good idea, but really, didn't feel it would be necessary for my blog since my year was not that exciting or interesting. But looking back over my past entries, I realized that while the year was nothing compared to the year I was 30 (commonly referred to as "My Best Year Ever"), it was full. So, I decided that I would put a little recap of the year, so that any new readers could have a quick catch-up and all my old readers could have a refresher. I've included links to past entries in case anyone desires to read the full story on some of the activities.

2009
That was the year that:

  • The canine population of our family increased by one

  • Derrick and Jade moved in

  • Our family lost Grandpa, Bill, and Troy

  • I was able to mark West Virgina off the list of states I haven't yet visited (and add it to the list of states I feel no need to visit again)

  • Several road trips were made to visit Steph and the kids

  • I reconnected with old friends, old classmates, and a couple of old flames via Facebook

  • I finally got over Terry

  • I realized I really am a dog person

  • Mom, Don, and I saw Wicked

  • I found out what happens after margarita #4

  • I experienced my first drag show

  • I attended my first stripper-included bachelorette party

  • I almost lived a romantic fairy tale

  • I kept my job despite the hard economic year and continuous budget cuts in the job markets

  • I became "old" . . . and wasn't the only one to notice

  • I got my first digital SLR camera!


  • It was also the year of:

    1 comment:

    Steph said...

    It's amazing when you realize how much stuff can happen in one year, isn't it?
    Your comment about getting old and you weren't the only one to notice, made me laugh out loud! And I can say that because we're the same age.
    Love ya!