Feb 14, 2009

A Single Girl's Valentine's Day

I didn't have someone special to spend Valentine's Day with this year (no different from every other year) so I decided to drive north and spend the weekend with a whole family of special someones.

I think I made the right decision.

I got here last night around 8:30. Before sending the kids off to bed, we decided that we would watch a movie. So, the kids piled on the couch around me and we watched the movie Wall-E. It was a great way to end the week.

Today, we thought it would be fun to take the kids to the zoo. I was really excited, as was Shea (the youngest). There's something so fun about being around all the animals. It took us awhile, but we finally got everyone dressed and ready for the outing and we were off.

The drive to the Seattle zoo was about 20 minutes. From the back of the van came the constant flow of kid chatter with the occasional thump then "Mo-om!". I'm so in awe of my friend's patience and calm demeanor.

We drove into Seattle and got to the zoo area where we realized there were an awful lot of people there today. In fact, there was no parking spots available. As we were beginning to drive around the block to find a place to leave the van that wouldn't be TOO far to walk from, we noticed a long, long line snaking from the entrance. It seems that we were not the only ones to decide on a Valentine's Day trip to the zoo. Guess we'd have to save it for another day. Bummer.

So, we headed back to Steph's house where we dropped off a few of the kids with their dad and Steph, Autumn, Sean, and I went shopping. We got shoes for everyone (not me), a new suit for Cody, and took me in for a new hairstyle.













Before and After. What do you think???

After shopping, Steph and I played a rousing game of DDR. I'm so out of shape, it's not funny! When I get home, it's time to start doing something about that. Then came dinner. At my request we had enchiladas (also knows by the Crane family as "Super Cheesy Yums"). For dessert we made cookie pizzas. And a very gooey mess.Right now, Steph and I are watching a girly movie. We ran the kids and her husband out of the room and we are watching Sydney White, which is my new favorite movie for now.

I'd say it was a pretty good Valentine's Day, even if I wasn't spending it with the man of my dreams. I'm happy, I'm loved, and I still have a couple of days left to play!

1 comment:

viluinen said...

Thank You! I can't wait to see you, either!

That sounds like a fun valentine's day. I don't think we did anything special--Tim bought me planted roses, with my guidance, of course, but otherwise we skipped the whole valentine's day thing.