Feb 24, 2009

And The Award For "Best Picture"....

I love scary movies. Suspenseful, creepy, thrilling, ghostly; I really enjoy sitting in a dark room and letting these sensations wash over me. But I'm extremely picky about what I consider a "good" movie. Most of them have great potential but fail in the execution. It's sad really.

For me, it's all about the ending. You can have a great movie with a very well written plot, but if the ending isn't right, the movie tanks. But take an average movie with a decent storyline and add a plot twist that no one was expecting and suddenly you've got a movie worth watching.

My other problem with scary movies is that I never have anyone to go see them with me. Most of my friends don't care much for the scary or creepy or gory (actually, I don't care for the gore. I tend to pass on the "slasher" flicks and stick mainly to "thrillers" or ghost movies). I don't care much for going to see a scary movie alone, so I usually wait for them to come out on DVD and watch it alone at home.

But it turns out my aunt also enjoys thriller movies. And since her daughter recently moved to Arizona, she's in need of the occasional "girl time", so I'm filling in.


Tonight we went and saw The Uninvited. It was a pretty good movie. We both really enjoyed the story and REALLY enjoyed the ending (which makes it better than just a "pretty good" movie). If you like thriller movies and interesting surprises, I highly recommend this one.

Colynn and I enjoyed hanging out together. We've decided that we need to do it more often. Perhaps we'll make a monthly date of it.

1 comment:

Steph said...

And speaking of "Best Pictures", that's a great photo of you and your aunt!