Mar 16, 2009

On a Friday Afternoon

Sunny Day
Sweepin' the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet

Come and play
Everything's A-OK
Friendly neighbors there
That's where we'll meet

It's a magic carpet ride
Every door will open wide
To happy people like you and me

Can you tell me how to get
How to get to Sesame Street...?



We had a really nice day on Friday. When I arrived home from work, Derrick asked if I wanted to go with him and our friends (and neighbors) Jimmy and Jackie to take the kids and the pup to the park. Since I had been cooped up all day in my office, taunted by the pretty sunlight, I agreed. We walked to the park just a couple of blocks away and played. The kids got a chance to run around and yell and use their outside voices without getting into trouble and we took the leash off Jade and let her chase the frisbee and sticks. When the sun started to set, we packed up the kids and headed home.

It was good to get outside in the sunshine and fresh air. I should consider doing it again sometime.

Sesame Street Lyrics provided by lyricsondemand.com

No comments: